BRPS Extended Learning Program
Big Rapids Community Learning Center
Brenda Clise - Coordinator
Don’t Miss Out!
Sign Up Today!
Child Learning Center
After School Enrichment Program
Big Rapids Public Schools is excited to offer an after school enrichment program for the 2015-2016 school year. The program will offer monthly themes including math, reading and science. All activities; such as computers, art, and physical education, will revolve around the theme of the month.
Here are the basic details of the program:
- WHO CAN ATTEND - The program is available to students in Kindergarten through 8th grade.
- WHERE IS THE PROGRAM HELD - The program is held at the Middle School. All students are at one site, but there will be three separate programs offered for students: one for Kindergarten - 1st grades; one for grades 2nd - 4th; and one for students in grades 5th - 8th. Included will be homework help, enrichment classes, physical education and academic support.
- WHEN WILL THE PROGRAM BE OFFERED - The first day of CLC will be Wednesday, September 3, 2015. CLC will be offered every full day of school from about 3:15 until 5:15 pm. CLC will not be offered on early dismissal days, holidays and emergency closure days.
- TRANSPORTATION - Elementary students will all be able to ride the shuttle busses from their schools to the Middle School at the end of each day. There will be no bus home at the end of the CLC Program - parents are responsible for picking up students at the end of CLC.
- SNACK- A nutritious snack is provided each day.
- COST- The weekly cost of the program is $20.00. The fee schedule provides for several optional payment plans with significant discounts for advanced payment. A daily rate of $5.00 is also available if you are interested in your child attending one or two days a week.
- INTERESTED- Please call the Superintendent’s Office at 796-2627 for more registration information or stop by the Middle School Counseling area once CLC begins (September 5, 2015).
Click Here for a Printable Registration Form